Friday 3 August 2012

Cancer in my lymph nodes

It's been almost 4 months since I posted anything.
Sorry! I'm terrible at blogging, mainly because I never have anytime. Between work, my daughter and just life in general there never seems to time for much else. But I am trying to rectify the situation. Anyway, here is what's been happening...


After I had my stomach returned to me I met with my surgeon for a checkup. Checkup was going well, everything looked good and just as I was about to leave I asked the doctor what the pathology report from my stomach said (I had just picked it up from the lab the week beforehand) He had a look at the results and this is what he said.. 'Of the 45 lymph nodes they biopsied during your gastrectomy only 3 of them showed cancer cells' I was like 'What the hell?' I thought there was no chance it could have spread anywhere??? The doctor who told me was a junior doctor and told me in a really shitty way which terrified me. I was especially surprised that he only told me because I asked, I shouldn't have to ask to be told something so important.

After he told me about the lymph nodes he then said 'oh it just means we need to keep an eye on your liver, cause if it spreads anywhere it will spread there' He then asked me if I had seen an oncologist. Of course I haven't seen an oncologist!! I wasn't even aware that I had cancer in my lymph nodes!!!!!!! I immediately thought, oh shit I am going to get liver cancer and die.
He then gave me a prescription for folic acid and said see ya later. I left the hospital feeling awful and pretty much cried all the way home.
Anyway long story short I went and saw my GP the next day and told her what happened and she was great! She even wrote a letter to my other doctor complaining about how he delivered the news that I had cancer in my lymph nodes.  She organised me an appointment with my gastroenterologist. I saw him a few days later and he told me that I have absolutely nothing to worry about. He said the likely hood of me getting a tumour in my liver is extremely low, basically because they removed the part of my body that produces the hormone that makes those types of tumours grow. He is such an awesome doctor. There is no 100% guarantee that I won't get a tumour in my liver, I will have to have scans every year or so just to see what's happening down there but I am pretty optimistic about it all. And even if I do get a tumour in my liver it will grow really slowly and probably not cause me too much trouble. That's because they are neuroendocrine tumors which aren't as hard core as regular cancer. My gastro doc said he has a patient who presented with neuroendocrine tumours in his liver when he was 12 and he is now 30 and they have barely grown at all. So that's pretty good. YAY!  Oh and a few days later I found out I was pregnant again, which is pretty crazy, I thought it would actually be quite difficult to get pregnant, obviously I was wrong. I am going to write about that next time though.

4 comments:

  1. Kara, I just saw you on 'keep calm and carry on' and I am hoping to make contact with you as I am also a NET patient and in the process of setting up a patient group here in NZ. If you think you might be are interested in meeting some other NET patients (I am 33 and also a mum) then please email me on : cnetsnz@gmail.com
    Hope to hear from you soon. Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, my stomach cancer alternative treatment center appreciates this so much. Keep sharing! Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medical science have at last discover a way to cure your HIV AIDS through
    the help of dr.aluyasolutiontemple@yahoo.com he was tested and trusted
    he also have a certificate given to him by the federal government that
    qualify him to be a spell caster and a herbal doctor, Dr.ALUYA herbal
    medicine is a good remedy for HIV AIDS and HERPES VIRUS , I was a carrier
    of HERPES VIRUS and I saw a testimony on how Dr ALUYA cure HERPES VIRUS, I decided to contact
    him, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he
    started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I’m
    cured by Dr ALUYA herbal medicine, I’m very thankful to Dr ALUYA, reach him
    on *dr.aluyasolutiontemple@yahoo.com Or
    contact his number via +2347064851317 or you can as well add him on
    whatsapp with same number,God bless you sir
    DOCTOR ALUYA CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-
    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES
    3. CANCER ALL KINDS
    4. ALS
    5. Hepatitis A,B,C
    6. Diabetes
    7. CHRONIC DISEASE
    8. Coronary Artery Disease (Ischemic Heart Disease)
    9. Alopecia
    10.Bipolar disorder
    11.Bedwetting
    12.Carpal tunnel syndrome
    13.Celiac disease
    14.Ear Infections
    15.Endometriosis
    16.Epilepsy
    17.Chlamydia
    18.Syphilis
    19.Gonorrhea…

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, i didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numeriuos times for combination of treatments. and no changes so i decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him i want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what i must do and he delivered it to me in my state which i use according to his instruction, and today i must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life,i am making this known to every one out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waist more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contact him today for you also to live a sound and happy life. he cure the following disease________Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.

    ReplyDelete